In the world of World of Warcraft, gear upgrading is an essential aspect contributing to your overall gaming experience. The Dragonflight 10.2 Patch introduces a new gear upgrade system that every player should master. This guide will walk you through the entire process of understanding how to upgrade gear in Dragonflight 10.2.
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Introduction to the Gear Upgrading System
- 2 2. Gear Upgrading System: The Enhancements in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- 3 3. The Gear Tracks in Dragonflight Season 3
- 5 4. Gear Upgrade Locations in Dragonflight
- 6 5. Necessary Items for Gear Upgrades in Dragonflight Season 3
- 7 6. Understanding Flightstones
- 8 7. Flightstone Cap in Dragonflight Season 3
- 9 8. Earning Flightstones in Dragonflight Season 3
- 10 9. Overview of Dreaming Crests
- 11 10. Trading Dreaming Crests in Dragonflight Season 3
- 12 11. Gear Tracks in Dragonflight Season 3
- 13 12. Flightstones and Dreaming Crest Discounts in Dragonflight Season 3
- 14 Conclusion
1. Introduction to the Gear Upgrading System
The Dragonflight 10.2 gear upgrade system, a significant feature in World of Warcraft, offers players an opportunity to power up their in-game items. Every piece of gear possesses a tooltip that shares information about the item’s upgrade possibilities. The system requires you to gather Flightstones and crests for the upgrading process.
2. Gear Upgrading System: The Enhancements in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
Patch 10.2 brought about a substantial improvement to the gear upgrading system that was previously introduced in Patch 10.1. Here are the key changes:
The Heroic gear track now has six upgrade ranks.
The Mythic gear track features four upgrade tracks.
Crest fragments are now considered currency, freeing up valuable inventory space.
In Season 3, upgrades require 15 crests each.
Players can earn up to 90 crests per week of each type.
Players can now exchange crests upward when they run out of upgrades to purchase.
Players who reach the crest cap from an activity will be awarded the next highest crest they could earn.
3. The Gear Tracks in Dragonflight Season 3
In Dragonflight Season 3, the gear you obtain belongs to one of the following tracks — Explorer, Adventurer, Veteran, Champion, Heroic, and Mythic. Each track has varying upgrade levels, upgrade requirements, and item-level ranges.
Tip: Elevate your PvP gear with the power of Flightstones and Crests, leaving behind the old ways of Honor. Focus on amplifying your item level for PvE battles through strategic upgrades. Still searching for the perfect armor? Our WoW Gearing service is your ultimate ally, ensuring you’re always battle-ready in true GladiatorBoost fashion.
|Gear Track||Item Level of Drops||Upgradeable to|
4. Gear Upgrade Locations in Dragonflight
Four NPCs in the game can assist you with gear upgrades:
Cuzolth in Zaralek Cavern and Emerald Dream;
Corxian in Valdraken;
Erza in Valdraken;
Researcher Baneflare in The Forbidden Reach.
Visit these NPCs when you’re ready to upgrade your gear.
5. Necessary Items for Gear Upgrades in Dragonflight Season 3
Two primary items are required to upgrade gear in Dragonflight Season 3:
Flightstones: a currency that drops from all types of Season 3 content.
Dreaming Crests: crafting reagents from Mythic Dungeons, Raids, and select Emerald Dream and Dragon Isles weekly activities.
6. Understanding Flightstones
Flightstones, used for gear upgrades in Dragonflight, are collected from Season 3 content. This includes World Quests, Mythic+ Dungeons, zone events, weekly activities, and campaign quests.
7. Flightstone Cap in Dragonflight Season 3
You can hold a maximum of 2,000 Flightstones in Dragonflight Season 3.
8. Earning Flightstones in Dragonflight Season 3
You can earn Flightstones from all types of Season 3 content, including World Quests, Mythic+ Dungeons, zone events, weekly activities, and campaign quests.
9. Overview of Dreaming Crests
Dreaming Crests are crafting reagents used for gear upgrades and to craft optional reagents for crafted gear. They can be obtained from Season 3 content, including bosses in Amirdrassil, Mythic+ Dungeons, and outdoor content. Players can obtain 90 crests per type every week.
10. Trading Dreaming Crests in Dragonflight Season 3
In Season 3, players can exchange low-level crests for higher-level ones at a 6-to-1 ratio, allowing players to obtain 15 crests of the higher level by spending 90 of the lower level crests.
11. Gear Tracks in Dragonflight Season 3
There are six gear tracks in Season 3. Each gear track has a different number of upgrade levels and upgrade ranks, which depend on the difficulty of the content you complete.
12. Flightstones and Dreaming Crest Discounts in Dragonflight Season 3
Discounts are available to reduce the number of Flightstones and Dreaming Crests needed to upgrade items. Once you obtain an item with a higher item level in a specific armor slot, the cost to upgrade additional items in that slot is drastically reduced.
The new gear upgrading system in Dragonflight 10.2 offers more flexibility and control over your gaming experience. Mastering how to upgrade gear in Dragonflight 10.2 will significantly enhance your overall WoW experience.
The Comprehensive Season of Discovery Phase 1 Guide
The Ultimate Season of Discovery Gold Farm Guide
Season of Discovery Leveling Guide: Swiftly Ascend to Unmatched Power
WoW Season of Discovery Rune Guide: A Comprehensive Walkthrough